I was in Everman’s the other day when I made an impulse buy of frozen goji berries. I didn’t know anything about them besides the fact that I’ve seen the juice everywhere and that the label promised extraordinary vitamin and antioxidant levels. Apparently, they are another superfood that we should consume regularly.
So far I’ve only used them in smoothies. I was completely unimpressed with their flavor. I thawed a few by themselves which were not good at all. Maybe fresh are better? I can’t compare the flavor with anything else I know. Perhaps the fact that they look so much like little kidney beans is confusing my taste buds. Even though this batch isn’t doing it for me, I’m not willing to give up on the goodness of goji yet. The nutritional benefits might outweigh the flavor. I think the next step is to give goji juice a go.

I love Everman's! I am ever amazed by all the interesting and good-for-you things they have in there...I haven't seen or used goji berries yet, but there's bound to be some way to make them yummy...goji berry ice cream perhaps? ;)
ReplyDeleteYes, I really love that place. My only complaint is the price. I'm lucky to live so close. Ice cream? Yum. I'm afraid that might cancel out the goodness of the goji though. =)
ReplyDelete