Sunday, February 6, 2011

Boat Hunting


Back in December we were sick of hiding out from the cold, so we ventured out in our little Hobie Skiff on a cold but sunny day. We bundled up and took a thermos of hot toddy to keep us warm. We lucked out to find the owner of one of the sailboats on board. He welcomed us aboard a 42' Cheoy Lee Golden Wave that Travis had looked at dozens of times on Yacht World. It needed A LOT of work. The Golden Wave's owner also had a 32' West Sail on the market which is a real world cruiser but very small inside. It's space is mainly dedicated for storage. It was very sobering to walk around inside and see just how little room was available to work with. 
 We’ve been talking about buying a sailboat for what seems like eons now. And, at this point I imagine that we’ll keep talking about it until we finally do it. Actually, it was the plan a long while ago when we thought we would be selling our house. Unfortunately, the market took a dive and we are still waiting. No fault of ours really, just bad timing. That’s okay, because everything happens for a reason. But, we are still talking and still looking.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like going around with a purpose like that; it's like you're having a relaxed day doing nothing, all the while appearing to be doing something. P.S. I had to look up what a hot toddy is. :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is kind of funny is that I already got an email with your first comment. Ha ha! Don't worry, we are "slackers" sometimes. But it DID feel like we were doing something. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was afraid of that! Oh well; I was caught.

    ReplyDelete