It’s a blog Spring cleaning! I felt like I needed a new title that would fit the theme of my posts a little better. The previous title of “Color inside of the box” was supposed to capture the transition from the person I really am (Never get out of the box) to the person I rather be (Color outside of the lines). I expected that I might write more of my thoughts on life, etc. But, since this blog is mostly dedicated to the kitchen and home, I rather capture what I’m seeking to create in that space. Travis and I both believe that cooking should be enjoyable and not a drudgery. I think we all go through periods where we get sick of cooking and grocery shopping. My hope is that I can always stay inspired and motivated to learn new ways to shop for or grow, prepare, and store our meals. Everyday Gourmet isn’t a unique name by any means, but it’s one that I can identify with. At one point in time, Travis and I were going to start a video podcast by that name, but for whatever reason we left the idea behind. I feel like bringing the idea back to life in a smaller way to keep me on track towards more culinary adventures.
A very nice re-do! I have enjoyed seeing all of your cooking adventures so far and am looking forward to all the others! I love to cook, but inspiration can have the tendency to leave me before my want of cooking does, so your blog shall be very nice! ;) Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteHey, look here! I like this redo, and I like the post. Your blog has helped keep me inspired to "color outside of the lines" in cooking. ;) I welcome that encouragement in my kitchen now especially since I am unable to devote as much time to food as I would like. I'm looking forward to the continuing trend of domestic interests (my favorite) on here.
ReplyDeleteThank you both so much for the kind words and interest in my kitchen-capades! Before I met Travis, I was more career-oriented and never dreamed I would be so excited about the domestic life. I'm certain that I'm more satisfied now than I would have been with a "career."
ReplyDeleteCareers seem all the rage now, but I'm like you - more satisfied with the domestic life. It feels rare to come across girls who are comfortable in that position, so it's nice to get to interact with you about such things.
ReplyDeleteKitchen-capades: nice. Ha!
I like learning about all the domestic things.(and the kitchen-capades :) Some people don't think of how fun or difficult some things actually are for those at home opposed to a career. I rather enjoy it though! :)
ReplyDelete