Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas


It feels like Christmas in our house. We got the tree up in plenty of time to enjoy it this year and I’ve done more decorating than usual. I have to admit that I was inspired by my friend Hannah. Yes, you can put lipstick on a pig and at least enjoy the shade. No, I don’t really think our house is a pig, just unfinished. For instance, one of the mantles I decorated isn’t attached to the wall. It is just leaning against it. But I’m getting better at training my eye not to see things like that. I still have Christmas cards, wrapping, and a couple of gifts to buy, but overall I feel like I have a good handle on things this year. I feel fortunate that I have the time to take my time to enjoy Christmas. I know not everyone is so lucky.  

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Thank you. What an honor to inspire you! I love love what you did. And if I were to see it in person (seeing also any unfinished parts of the house not seen in the picture), I'm sure I would think nothing about "lipstick on a pig." I am so glad you didn't let that stop you!

    ReplyDelete